Welcome to indulekha.com
Indulekha reserves the right to update the terms, conditions and notices of this agreement without notice to you. It is your responsibility to periodically review the most current version of this Agreement as your continued use of the Site signifies your acceptance of any changed terms.
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted. You may download and print any content item for your personal, non-commercial use. Content items include, but are not restricted to, articles, columns, photographs, and reader comments on articles.
2. You may forward Internet URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) to third parties for private, non-commercial use, along with brief extracts.
3. You may post, or otherwise make publicly available, EXCERPTS from Indulekha content items, in any publicly accessible forum, so long as Indulekha is cited alongside the excerpt as the original source with a link back to Indulekha.
4. You may not modify any content you download or print from Indulekha. You must retain all copyright notices and logos on any content item you download or print.
5. You may not reuse, distribute, modify, transmit, re-post, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Indulekha’s written permission. You may not make any content item originating from Indulekha available for public access by any means whatsoever without obtaining prior written permission from Indulekha. Indulekha neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Indulekha.
6. While Indulekha makes reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, Indulekha makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Indulekha assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please inform Indulekha by emailing email@example.com so that it can be corrected.
7. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk. Neither Indulekha nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Indulekha also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
9. Although Indulekha may from time to time monitor comments by readers, and the like on the Site, Indulekha is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Indulekha will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Indulekha to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
10. Although Indulekha is accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced on Indulekha are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Indulekha reserves the right to limit the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires, in its sole discretion and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that it provides. Any offer for any product or service made on Indulekha is void where prohibited.
In addition, Indulekha makes no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the Republic of India; therefore, accessing those materials from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access Indulekha from locations outside the Republic of India do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Disputes subject to Kottayam Jurisdiction only.
11. If you make any financial transactions on Indulekha, including paying for advertising banners, product placements, products or services, you may be asked for credit card or other payment information. You agree that all information you provide is accurate, complete and current and that you will pay all charges owed, including any applicable taxes. You agree that you are solely responsible for any personal income reporting and tax payments required of you by applicable government authorities.
12. Indulekha reserves the right to discontinue in whole or in part any portion of the Site’s services or programs with or without notice.
13. Indulekha provides a variety of forums for its readers to express themselves in the form of articles, columns, opinions, comments, reviews, art and photographs. When you make your contributions to the Site, you truthfully assert that the content being contributed is your creation and that you own the copyright to the content. Unless you have deliberately assigned the copyright to someone else, you automatically own the copyright to all of your original creations. You truthfully assert you have not infringed on anybody else’s copyright in the creation of this article. Indulekha is not responsible or liable for loss if visitors to the site violate your copyright and distribute your copyrighted content without your permission.
14. When you make your contributions to Indulekha, you grant the Site royalty-free exclusive unlimited internet distribution rights and electronic distribution rights, and non-exclusive, unlimited print publication and distribution rights either through Indulekha’s own or through other media. This includes web publishing, syndication on other web sites, syndication with print publishers, publishing as part of a collection of articles, publishing as a book, email, ftp, telnet and other internet-based information transfer protocols. You grant us the right to organize, categorize, collate your contributed content and present it on the website in any manner we see fit. We may remove or edit your contribution at our discretion without having to secure your permission. We will however make reasonable efforts to inform you of the changes.
15. You will continue to be the copyright holder of the contributed content. And you may publish the content you contribute to Indulekha, on your personal, non-commercial website if you possess one. In case the contributions are digital images of artwork in traditional media such as canvas, that is available for sale, you may also publish digital images of your artwork on commercial websites that sell art online, only for the purpose of sale. We generally do not object to our contributors re-posting their contributions on other, freely accessible non-commercial internet locations, so long as Indulekha is clearly cited as the original publisher, and a link to www.indulekha.com is provided. You, however, agree to secure our permission first before such re-publication on other internet sites happens. And, you agree to state www.indulekha.com as the previous publisher prominently in case you print your article in an offline magazine or newspaper or book.
16. Once granted and your content is published, the distribution rights cannot be revoked. In other words, once your contribution is published on Indulekha, it automatically becomes a permanent part of the publicly-accessible Indulekha archives. You may, however, subject to our approval, update or revise your contributions on Indulekha.
17. You will not receive any monetary compensation for your submissions to the Site. The only in-kind compensation we promise is exposure on the World Wide Web and a home for your expression on the web.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Indemnity
YOUR USE OF INDULEKA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WEBSITES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHATABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH INDULEKHA IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE AND NOT BY INDULEKHA.
INDULEKHA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THAT,(a) INDULEKHA AND ITS SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,(b) INDULEKHA WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (c) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH INDULEKHA WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, BE RELIABLE OR ACCURATE, AND (d) ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH INDULEKHA, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR ITS SERVICES.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF INDULEKHA IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DO.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL INDULEKHA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM [A] THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES OR ACCESS CONTENT, [B] THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM INDULEKHA, [C] THE UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATIONS OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, [D] STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR [E] ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE, EVEN IF INDULEKHA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.